Packages and Binaries:
Image::ExifTool is a customizable set of Perl modules plus a full-featured command-line application called exiftool for reading and writing meta information in a wide variety of files, including the maker note information of many digital cameras by various manufacturers such as Canon, Casio, DJI, FLIR, FujiFilm, GE, GoPro, HP, JVC/Victor, Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Nikon, Nintendo, Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Phase One, Reconyx, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Sigma/Foveon and Sony.
The following modules/packages are recommended for specific features, e.g. decoding compressed and/or encrypted information from the indicated file types, calculating digest values for some information types, etc.:
- Archive::Zip / libarchive-zip-perl: ZIP, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, ODP, ODS, ODT, EIP, iWork
- Unicode::LineBreak / libunicode-linebreak-perl: for column-alignment of alternate language output
- POSIX::strptime / libposix-strptime-perl: for inverse date/time conversion
- Time::Piece (in perl core): alternative to POSIX::strptime
- IO::Compress::RawDeflate + IO::Uncompress::RawInflate (in perl core): for reading FLIF images
How to install:
sudo apt install libimage-exiftool-perl
Read and write meta information in files
[email protected]:~# exiftool -h Syntax: exiftool [OPTIONS] FILE Consult the exiftool documentation for a full list of options.
Updated on: 2023-Mar-08